What's new

Remote Macro help? (1 Viewer)

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator
I have a universal remote that came with my Onkyo Receiver and have successfully programmed in all my components.

I have two macro buttons and have set one up to turn on the RPTV, Receiver, and DVD player then go back and set the proper inputs on the TV and Receiver. No problem.

The second macro button I set up to turn on the RPTV, Receiver and my Dish Network receiver then go back to set the proper inputs on the TV and receiver. How ever the dish receiver NEVER comes on. Why can I turn it on from the universal remote any other time but when it is in a macro it doesn't happen? I tried re-entering it in the macro several times with the same result.

Any one want to take a shot at this?

Tim K

Second Unit
I suppose it could be that the remote doesn't transmit for as long when a code is in a macro. If that is the case you may be out of luck. The only advice I can offer is to recommend you try re-learning the Dish power code one more time and then re-program the macro again. Maybe you learned enough of the code to work when you press the button, but a shortened transmission in the macro is not sufficient? You could also try to create a macro that has only the Dish power code in it and nothing else. This will at least tell you if the macro settings are the cause of the problem.

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, good thinking Tim! I will have to try that. I also considered setting the macro up to turn on the Dish power as a LAST command.

I'll try some of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks