What's new

Remote control suggestions (1 Viewer)

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Omard: Funny you should mention the MX-1000. I'm a born tinkerer and while I'm crazy about my MX-500, I have bought a few remotes sometimes just to look at and test drive. I found a used 1000 (at a great price) that's supposed to be in excellent shape. It should be here in a week or so. While I doubt that I'll use it on a daily basis, I do plan to give it a fair chance.

That said, I DON'T plan to use the PC software to set it up. Why? Because Home Theater Master has said that they will no longer support the software and they will not work out the many known bugs. I don't want to even chance the lockups and other things I've read. So the remote will live or die on it's own in my HT.

Bottom line is that with the PC link problems, the 1000 never got off the ground. Users over at remotecentral.com have been VERY angry. The 1000 gets virtually no recommendations...

Bobpaul

Agent
HARMONY REMOTE

Hi:

Once you try this you will never turn back. The entire remote is set up via your browser and a server on their site keeps track of your configurations.

Their database is so extensive that even my Audiotron internet music server is included. A breeze to configure by "Activities" where you can tell every component what to switch on when the power is pressed.

Listen to this: 2 MB TV guide memory lets you memorise program listings for 2 weeks. I just entered my zip and the cable company's channels were all there.

Config and TV listings uplink to the remote via a male to male USB to mini-USB cable.

I know i sound a bit radical but i have had the Pronto for 2 years before and it took me several weeks to make everything work, while with this one i was all set in one afternoon.

I can almost bet that this will sooner or later become the standard. What i mean is screen or button remote, the internet configurator is a breeze IMHO.

Chew me up in HTF yuppie style if im wrong.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks