What's new

Remote Central Contest (1 Viewer)

Bob Peluso

Auditioning
Don't know if this is the right area but here goes. Over three months ago I entered a contest on Remote Central (RC here after) for various HT prizes and forgot all about it.
A little while after that I was surprised to see that I had won a UCommand 515 remote. I responded to the notification the day I got it with my personal info so they could send it to me.I then went back to RC and entered the next monthly contest. Weeks pass and bingo, I won again! This time a WeeMote, a remote for little kids. In all this time I never got the original prize that I had won.
About 3 or 4 weeks after winning the second contest I sent e-mail to RC and waited about 5 or 6 days. No response at all. Now I'm getting a little mad here. I know I didn't pay for them but I was told I had won them so I feel I'm right in expecting to receive them. I send a second e-mail to RC mentioning my displeasure and that I would be asking around the HTF if anybody has had this problem with RC before. Well, about 10 minutes after sending it I get a response!
(Behold the power of The HTF!). They say that they are looking into it and that I should call the company that sponsored the contest. About 10 minutes after that RC sends me another mail saying they will be sent out the following day (about a week ago). Three days later I get a box from UPS, its just the WeeMote. Still haven't got the original prize that I won. The company is avsmarts.com. I have sent mail to them and to RC. Still waiting for a response from both.
Anybody else ever deal with this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks