Reliable source to buy Haute Tension..

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Romier S, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Hey there,

I'm looking for a reliable retailer where I can buy Haute Tension (French horror film) on DVD. Region of course doesn't matter. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

2. Tanner

Tanner Stunt Coordinator

Well the Korean version is cut. The French version, uncut, comes in a 2 disk SE and a 1 disker, neither of which have english subs. All 3 versions are availible at www.xploitedcinema.com, and the french disks are at www.amazon.fr.

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

What are the cuts made to the Korean version?

4. Mark_Filipino

Mark_Filipino Auditioning

I have the cut Korean DVD, and the only cuts are the extreme violence, totalling no more than a minute or two.

The cut version of the film is still pretty gory, so it doesn't make much sense to me that they'd make any cuts at all. Its very obvious where they cut things, as the movie cuts away to another shot abruptly when something quite nasty is supposed to happen.

Anyway, I think the R3 Thai DVD is uncut, although I'm not 100% sure, and its much cheaper than the French DVD. They have it over at ethaicd.com

5. Tanner

Tanner Stunt Coordinator

Xploited cinema just updated their inventory (Aug 17th) and they now have an uncut version with english subs availible.

6. Jacob McCraw

Jacob McCraw Stunt Coordinator

It does not look like that version has the original French sountrack though. It lists English or Thai soundtracks and English or Thai subtitles.