What's new

Red Dead Redemption (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I haven't played Red Dead Revolver but it looks terrible compared to Red Dead Redemption. Redemption is one of my all time faves with one of the best story moments I've played in any game. It's also at this point the only rockstar game that I've manged to finish. Not due to being easy, but due to being such fun to play. I mean, I did all the story stuff, there's all sorts of thing to do to collect trophies which I've not done. The "Undead Nightmare" DLC was ridiculously good too and one of the best zombie games I've played.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I actually like your bad news. It does suck, but I have way too much planned this Fall to be anchored(addicted) to a massive, lovely game. I can wait.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

Looks like more Red Dead Redemption...and dear God, that will NEVER be a bad thing.

As long as I get to walk into a Saloon, lose a shitload of money on poker, get piss-drunk and stumble outside to shoot a man that's trying to stab a prostitute.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I made the mistake of watching the updated gameplay trailer. Great googly moogly, I may break my "No new games until I catch up on what I own" rule.

...Yeah, this game is basically going to own my entire life here in a couple months. I've already alerted my family and loved ones to this situation, and they are preparing accordingly. I pre-ordered this, as I need this ASAP, which rarely happens anymore.

Last edited:

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
What are you guys seeing that's so "wow" about this? Besides that it's a new RDR I mean. A tough act to follow, but hard for them to go wrong, all they need is a new story and a place to store the resulting bags of cash.

I see better graphics (than on PS3, but it was still pretty good) and more varied fist-fighting options. Hard to improve the horses. More resource collection implied, perhaps some "homesteading". Otherwise most of what I saw looks pretty familiar.

Edit: false memory re the PS3 graphics, I see in my personal "review" I actually panned the graphics on both 1080p and 4K displays (it was 720p source), I never could get rid of lots of the aliasing, but I happily played through it, guess my mind mostly saw past it (aliasing is my most-hated video artifact). So the new graphics would fix my only criticism, which wasn't about the game itself.

Last edited:

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I guess I played RDR more recently than most people here, so the story/gameplay aspects are more "fresh" in my memory?

RDR was certainly outstanding in many ways, and I'll probably be more "excited" about playing II in another year or after a few more games. Kinda looking for different games these days, don't want to fall back into my easy habit of playing many games that are a bit too similar, like in a franchise/series. The PSVR has made me choosier about what I'm looking for I think, at least re variety and new concepts (and I haven't played anything on it for several months...too hot).

Edit: Wow, I just checked and RDR came out more than 8 years ago! No wonder so many of you "day one players" are jonesing for more of it. I'm so slow at games I'm usually practically a whole console generation behind.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Gamestop shareholders right now
07uflsr6xit11.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks