What's new

Red Bull!!! (1 Viewer)

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
I'd rather drink piss than red bull, literally. I've found it to have the most bitter taste ever, but I guess mixing it with alcohol, it's like a choice of two evils. How sad that those Euros have unleashed the Red Bull on you :)

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
I was begining to wonder if I was the only one to think of the malt liquor Red Bull. That stuff could give you energy too, but it was nasty.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I drink Red Bull when I have to pull an all-nighter for exams/papers/whatever.

Yup, that's the only price I've ever seen it for, including at the drug store where I work - which is where I buy it with my employee discount.

I was actually promised a free case or 2 of the stuff by their regional marketing manager for a contest I did for them the past couple months, but have yet to receive anything about a month after I was told about it. I'll probably give him another call after the new year.

DavidAM

Second Unit
Red Bull and Vodka is usually my drink of choice when I go out on the weekends. I drank about 6 of them last night for new years :D Funny thing was when a girl asked me what I was drinking and after I told her, she looks at it and says "well its not red". For those that don't know, Red Bull is yellow ;)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
they were giving them away as a promo at my workplace. i drank one can and had the shakes for the rest of the day. :eek:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I still don't understand the whole "Craze" over Red Bull...The wierdest thing I saw was this bar that had one of those small refigerators (with the glass door) on the back counter of the bar and it was full of Red Bull. The oddest thing was, the fridge was pad locked!!!! :eek:

It struck me as odd that the liquor and beer bottles were sitting out there in the open, yet they had to lock up the Red Bull. :confused:

Justin_M

Agent
Red Bull makes great additions to shots, like Eve said. Up here in Wisconsin, Jeagerbombs are stil pretty popular, but some friends and I substitute Southern Comfort for the Jaeger...much smoother. You can also use Bacardi O, 151, or some Tiddey (?) liquer from Canada. The best thing is that we can get them for $1-$3 each...gotta love hick bars.
oxonce

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I drank loads of the stuff in college, which was 13+ years ago...

I'm pretty sure it was available well before I started college. If I'm not mistaken, it was originally concocted by a Thai company, which would explain why it was already readily available here and some of you in North America might only recently have come across it.

TimPaul

Auditioning
Another Canadian checking in,

The weird law that Scott was talking about was not necessarily related to high-caffeine drinks (Jolt Cola had really high caffeine levels), but rather to the drink that the caffiene is in. In Canuckland, we aren't allowed to have caffeine in non-cola or non-coffee drinks. Caffeine is strictly regulated because in most cases (outside coffee, cola's, etc., where it is naturally occuring) it is a food additive. Obviously, Red Bull is not a cola, hence, the prohibition on selling the caffeinated version. Same thing with Mountain Dew; the MD up here does not have the caffeine levels that it does in the States.

I remember a while back this weird little English products store in Eau Claire Market (a mall in Calgary) got in trouble because it was selling orange drinks from England that had high levels of caffeine.

We are starting to see some energy drinks that the manufacturers claim have naturally occuring caffeine. MarketPlace on CBC had report on energy drinks based on guarana, a herb with high levels of caffeine (see XXX.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/health/guarana/index2.html for more info) (Replace the XXX with www to see the site - I hate this prohibition on URL posting)

Cheers

Tim

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I just discovered this stuff, I've been drinking a can in the A.M along with a Starbuck's Grande "Red-Eye". My production has went through the roof at work. How long can this last though? This stuff is fountain of youth in a can. :)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Never tried Red Bull, I do love Jager shots though. This weekend while I'm hang'n at my favorite brewery I'll give this Red Bull / Jager thing a try.

Peace Out~:D

TylerN

Stunt Coordinator

Last time I got it was at the Shell gas station on the corner of Sherwood and McIntosh.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info Tim! I thought it was the colour of the drink that determines if the caffeine is allowed or not...if the drink is NOT cola-coloured (black) you can't stick caffeine in it...But I guess discriminated by cola is just as good.

Guarana...hmmm I think I had a Sobe drink with that additive once...man that was a mistake. It was like drinking a 2 litre bottle of Jolt Cola!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks