Red Bull!!!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chad Ferguson, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Just saw this new drink at a bar called REd Bull. It comes in this nice glass bottle and they mix it with Vodka. Now first thing is, I heard that this drink is illegal but I don't believe that. I also heard that this drink contained taurine which was later toned down cause in large consumption it causes heart attacks. Now, no one where i live actaully sells the actually pop, bars say they import it. Mainly I'm just curious what people think/know about this drink and if they know where I can order it?
    Thank you

2. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Red Bull is pretty popular in the states among the college/high school set. It does not come with Vodka out of the bottle here. Bars mix the two to make Red Bull shots that can really get you going. They are great for clubbing since they give you so much energy.

Be careful though, the stuff is packed full of calories so it can really balloon you up if you go crazy on it. Then again, Paris Hilton downs dozens a week and is thinner than a ruler...

3. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Red Bull is an energy drink sold in tin cans here in the States.

In the Midwest Red Bull energy drink is put in a glass and then a shot glass of Jagermeister is inserted into the glass making a "Jagerbomb".

I happen to love these drinks but never experienced any extra boost of energy.

Some bars were fined for using "fake" Red Bull to make their Jagerbombs with.

This so called "energy" drink is expensive here and runs over 7 to 8 dollars for a six pack.

Jagerbombs are around 7 to 8 dollars a piece here in Indy and I should know.... I've drank my share of them. [​IMG]

4. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Hasn't it been around for years now?

5. Chad Ferguson

You would think that with all the energy in the drink your body would just burn through the calories, no? I love the idea of a Jagerbomb, sounds amazing to me! Is this drink a major health concern at all? Is this the Paris Hilton drink of choice? Thank you for the quick replys!

6. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Yeah, Red Bull and vodka is a pretty popular college drink here, although I don't really care for it.

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

it might be new to canada, AFAIK they don't sell some of the sodas we get down here, mtn dew or mellow yellow I think is one.

8. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

9. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

My favorite drink is Crown and Red Bull....mmmmmmmmm!

10. Chad Ferguson

that one in the link there is a the silver can. I heard that that one is the weaker one? Correct? The one we get served here is in a little brown glass bottle. I need to order some of this and try it out, I'm a huge crown fan so that one gets my blood pumping!

11. Chris Derby

Chris Derby Second Unit

12. Markus Lidstrom

Markus Lidstrom Stunt Coordinator

Red Bull and vodka isn't really that special, it definitely gets you going but you wont die from it. I'm not sure why we Canadians get the strange little bottles instead of the less menacing cans, but I think it's cooler this way.

13. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

No it won't harm you. The alcohol you consume (if too much) could harm you though.

Red bull is safe.... and too damned expensive but I drink it anyway but only with jager. I'll have to try the vodka thing as I'm a BIG vodka fan.

Jager gets you screwed up pretty fast which is kewl but I hate drinking it straight. The Red Bull kind of takes the bite out of the jager but leaves the bark behind......[​IMG]

14. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I've had some Red Bull (free) before as they sponsor some of the adventure races that I do... It is not bad as energy drinks go, has sort of an apple juice kind of taste and it helps a bit (although anything helps a bit when you're half dehydrated and thirsty due to runnning around in the woods for 12 hours...) [​IMG]

I wouldn't drink any energy drink unless you need the boost, they do tend to contain a ton of calories and a lot of them have caffeine in them.

Jay

15. TylerN

TylerN Stunt Coordinator

Chad, what bar are you talking about?

btw you can get red bull at any convenience store in Regina... [​IMG]

16. wally

wally Second Unit

[​IMG] I don't think I could afford going to college these days. What ever happened to Quarter Draw nights and $5 pitchers? I guess I'm dating my self:b

17. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    My family's store sells the little cans of Red Bull for $2 each. Sells like crazy!

18. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Just what we need, hyperactive and drunk college students.[​IMG]

Chad, I'm surprised you haven't seen those annoying "Red Bull gives you wings" commercials. They used to air every five minutes in the States.[​IMG]

19. Chad Ferguson

TylerN: Would you be able to tell me where to get it? I went to my local 7/11 and they didn't carry it.

Kinda bothers me that we are just getting it basically in the bars and it's been around for so long. Oh well I guess.
    Thanks

20. Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray Supporting Actor

Hey fellow Canadians!

As I understand it, there is some goofy law up here that prohibits products with ultra-high levels of caffine. Not sure why...I mean Tim Horton's coffee is pretty amazing! [​IMG]

Anyway, I know we have tried to get in at my chain of stores "Red Bull" "Bawls" and Sobe "A-Rush". You can find them, but they are not the same product as seen in the US. Good old wierd Canadian laws. We will have legalized pot but not caffine!