What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Red 1 and Red 2 4K combo pack (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Target has a listing for the films 'Red' and 'Red 2' on 4K Blu-ray in a combo pack (both films) for $15.00:

https://www.target.com/p/red-1-2-4k-uhd/-/A-53859390

I'm pretty certain these are ONLY the films (no special features, no digital) but that's still a pretty good deal.

Making the deal even better is this week's Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal on select movies. The new 'Red 1&2' combo pack is included in the deal.

I ordered 'Predator' 4K, 'Air Force One' 4K and 'Red 1&2' 4K. Price after RedCard discount was $37.98 and I'm getting 4 movies in 4K. That's $9.49 per film for 4K! Sweet!

I don't find the 'Red 1&2' 4K combo pack on any other site so I don't know the release date. Target says my copy of 'Predator' 4K will be here Wednesday and I should get 'Air Force One' 4K no later than next Tuesday (release date).

Mark

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Red is great

Red 2 is insufferably bad.

Imo.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
My copy of 'Predator' 4K shipped right after I placed the order on Oct 29. Target charged me $13.81 plus tax for 'Predator' 4K. When the street date for 'Air Force One' 4K arrived (Nov 6), the order status for that preorder title changed to "Processed" and shipping changed to "Preparing". It remained stuck in that status for a week and, as of this morning, it still has not shipped. I placed 2 phone calls to Target customer service last week including talking to a supervisor. They all told me there was nothing they could do. They said I had to wait longer before they could make any changes. Meanwhile, there was no way (within my account online) to even cancel 'Air Force One' 4K. It was stuck in shipping limbo hell.

I called again this morning after checking my order status and AFO was still in limbo. The first customer service rep gave me the same runaround. I asked for a supervisor and, finally, I got the right person. This wonderful person looked at the notes from my previous calls and then apologized profusely. He then proceeded to take care of the situation. He, too, was unable to cancel my order for AFO. But he did cancel the preorder for 'Red 1&2' 4K. Then he created a new order for 'Air Force One' 4K and 'Red 1&2' 4K. He applied a concession credit to the order which knocked the total (including tax and expedited delivery) down to $12.59 for those two titles. Then he sent me an email with a $12 Target electronic gift card.

In other words, as a courtesy, I'm getting 'Air Force One' 4K and 'Red 1&2' 4K for 59 cents total! He also upgraded the shipping for the new order. AFO is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Red 1&2 shows express shipping with a guaranteed arrival date of no later than Nov 21 (one day after street date).

Now THAT is how you take care of a customer.

After he was done with fixing this situation, he advised me to avoid doing preorders through Target.com for titles that don't show a SPECIFIC street date at the time I place the order. That was the case with both AFO and Red 1&2. Neither showed a street date when I placed the order.

Bottom line: My total cost (including tax) is $15.47 for all 3 titles. I'm finally a happy camper. :banana:

The only bug remaining in the system is that he was unable to cancel the original order for AFO. It remains stuck in shipping limbo. If it ever ships I'll be charged $13.81 plus tax for it. But I can then just return it to a Target store for a refund.

Mark

Last edited:

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Red 1&2 4K combo pack that I ordered, which apparently only exists at Target has, to my amazement, shipped.

I'm amazed because Target now shows the item as not available. And no other site lists the 4K combo pack as a viable product. A search for the UPC (from Target's page) results in only finding the Target listing.

A standard Blu-ray of a Red/Red 2 combo pack was released in January. But this 4K version is a bit of a baffler.

https://www.target.com/p/red-1---2--4k-uhd-/-/A-53859390

At any rate, it's supposed to be on its way. Frankly, I won't be surprised if I open the box and find two separate 4K packages.

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
BTW, the original (Oct 29) order of Air Force One 4K remains stuck in a shipping limbo in my order listing at Target. It has "processed" but hasn't shipped. Very weird.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks