Corrs Blue
Weather Report Tribute
Dubliners
Glen Philips

Any suggestions on good stuff?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
REM - Automatic for the People
Yes - Fragile (I only like the stereo version)
Toy Matinee - Toy Matinee
Donald Fagen - The Nightfly
Neil Young - Harvest (again, stereo is where it's at)

Bill Prince

Agent
Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
The Band - Music From Big Pink

While I have not heard it yet, I have read many good reviews of Emmylou Harris - Producer's Cut

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Oh, yeah, especially the jazz (I think their jazz performances are better). AIX may be the best sounding high-res I have ever heard.

Anybody who likes reference material should own at least one AIX disc.

DanaA

Screenwriter
That's good to know because I just ordered the Latin Jazz Trio and Nitty Gritty from AIX. Really want, but can't find, the Emmylou Harris.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I'm really floored by R.E.M.'s Document. Although I like AFTP, I can't really recommend it based on some odd remixing choices that, in my opinion, damaged the original feel of the album. Document seems to better preserve the original, whilst adding ambiance.

I also like Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily. I don't have the redbook CD to compare the quality, but I feel the DVD-A on its own is very good.

Bry, I reckon the Queen title you're referring to is A Night At The Opera, as it's the only one currently out:) I'm eagerly awaiting The Game, and hopefully Queen II will be next...

Trina

Agent
So far, my favorite DVD-A release is Frank Zappa's Halloween. Excellent use of the multi channel format.

After that, I'd have to say Trey Anastasio's self titled solo release.

T

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I felt that there was a really good job done on Metallica Metallica, that being said I am a big fan of a more discrete surround mix, I just love it when you get specific instruments out of specific speakers.

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
Sonically, Aaron Neville's "Devotion" is awfully impressive and has some great surround effects, same with Linda Rondstadt's "What's New".

In Classical music, Telarc's only DVD Audio disc of Tchaikovsky's music is very impressive, and Daniel Barenboim's Beethoven symphony series is clean and gimmick free.

I also like the old remaster of Mehta's Mahler 2nd, with nice sonics and some good surround.

You might try some of the TACET recordings - A whole new perspective on classical music. The listener is placed in the center of the performers, rather than in the audience, and the results are astounding. The SChubert string quintet is sublime, as is the mozart flute quartets. They are a little harder to find, but Link Removed carries them for a great price.

Daniel

Nick L

Second Unit
Has anyone had a chance to hear the Tesla DVD-A? I was cruising through the Circuit City listings and was a little surprised when I saw it. I may just have to order it, gotta love tesla.

Nick L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks