What's new

Reciever problem!! (2 Viewers)

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I recently picked up a Marantz SR5200, I've had it for a couple of days and everything was working find and dandy until (you guessed it) today!
When I select sources like TV, DVD and CD, all I hear is loud STATIC, regardless if I put it in stereo or DSP, or Pro-Logic modes. The only way to get rid of it is to use the S-Direct function, which sets up the AUTO surround mode which is usually stereo, but S-Direct doesn't let me pick any other audio modes and bypasses all my configuations that I made.

However, when I use the built-in Tuner, the stereo and DSP modes work fine but when I select Pro-logic, all I get is static again, so I know my speakers are not the problem.

All my connections are analog via RCA cables, and my speaker wires are 14 gauge.
I've reconnected all the speakers, tried different RCA cables, unplugged the unit for a couple of hours, but no fix. I bought it second-hand so I'll probably have to return it to the guy if I can't figure this out.

Any input(no pun intended) is appreciated :frowning:

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a bad part somewhere along the line, maybe the DSP is bad... who knows. Probably need to return it... Is it still under warranty? will the manufacturer take it back?

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator
I thought so too, I tested all my connections and speakers with my old reciever, and it works perfectly, so the issue is definately with the Marantz. Oh well, back it goes.

Thanks for your feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks