What's new

Receiver upgrade advice needed! + HELP? (1 Viewer)

amazzzin

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike P
Hi,
I thank anyone who may be able to help me in advance. Thank you. :D
So I recently switched rooms in my house and got a nice home theater setup in which I made a big TV upgrade myself and planning to do another one due to the bad choice I made, which I thought I made a good choice due to views but I'll speak about a little later.
I am going to attach my current setup, the problem is, I need to get a receiver where it has HDMI. I have a Denon piece see model below in the picture, but I want to make sure all my speakers and wires connect to par.
If possible, I like to stay in the same brand as Denon, but if there is another comparable brand I can make the switch, it's just my blu-ray is also Denon.
At the end of 2011 (Sept) I ordered an: Samsung UN55D8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV (Silver) - The reviews of this TV where great. Amazing. I have one in my basement, I think but the model is different. I got a great price for it, so I went ahead and brought as I was changing a 150lb plasma Samsung. The problem is now: 1) Everything a channel changes, I hear a clicking noise. 2) Factory color sucks! Configured color is not that better and anyone who watches this in my room asks me if I'm color blind? I am legally but I had my father config it. I went with all the settings. 3) The TV from time to time goes into a gray TV mode from what can be a few seconds to a few minutes.
I call Samsung and I am SOL. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on an HX929 (Sony) which Sony I never had any problems. 55"
Any help please thanks!
[ATTACHMENT=292]image(2).jpeg (131k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=293]image(3).jpeg (121k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I can't help you with the display. I bought a Panasonic 58" for a great price but am disappointed with the picture. HD content is O.K. but SD is awful. Sony is usually highly recomended as far as their dvd/bluray players and displays go.
As for the receiver, Denon is a top choice. You didn't state a budget but I'm guessing "not too much"? The 1612 is always recommended as is the 1712 and 2312. The 1912 isn't that much better then the 1712 and the 2112 isn't that much less than the 2312 so those two are usually passed over. The new xx13 Denons are starting to trickle out but unless you need the absolute latest features (not even sure what those are) then getting last years models, or factory refurbished models from ac4l.com or ecost.com will save you a lot of money.
Others in the same price range are the Pioneer 1022, Yamaha 571/573 and 671/673 and Onkyo 509/709 and this years models 515/615. The factory refurbished Marantz 5005 from ac4l.com is a couple of years old but a solid performer. But Denon might be the best choice of them all.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/avreceiver/Home-Audio/Home-Theater-Receivers/1.html

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Hi Amazzzin,
Welcome to the forum as you will find, it is a world of knowledge. Gene C. is correct, we need your budget to point you in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks