What's new

Re: German version of Restored "Metropolis" (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have information on how the German version of this restored film will differ from the Kino version?

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Is there nobody from Germany who can offer some insight here???? Thanks.:frowning:

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
I saw the film last year here in Berlin and it is the same one that is being shown in the US, but there has not been an announcement yet for a dvd release here in Germany so there is nothing yet to compare. When I see a listing for the German release I'll post it on this thread.
kd

Florian B

Agent
Well, facts come in really slowly on that title. The restored version with the new soundtrack etc. premiered at the Berlin filmfestival back in Feb. 2001. At that there was also talk about 2Disc Special Edition. I think on of the producers of the restored version mentioned that on the press conference. But, since then, no big news. What seems to be fact is that the "Filmmuseum Berlin" will be involved in the production of the special edition, that's really good news sinc they've been doing really good work lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks