What's new

RCA to 1/4" interconnects for Samson amps (1 Viewer)

Mark Gerald

Auditioning
Does anyone know if SVS sells the RCA to 1/4" interconnects for the Samson amps as a seperate item from a subwoofer/amp purchase? Also, do they provide cables for both channels if you purchase only one subwoofer with the amp?

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
SV Subs provides 1/4" to RCA adapters for the amps, you plug in your cable to the adapter.
I imagine you could convince them to sell you the adapters if you asked them nicely ;)
As far as one vs. 2 adapters, I don't know... I reviewed the dual sub setup, which came with both adapters.
Regards,

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
Mark -

With the Samson they only need to supply one cable regardless of the number of subwoofers that you purchase. The Samson has a parallel mode that lets you run both channels off of a single input. I asked them if they sold longer cables (I needed a 12 ft one) Tom replied that they did not. Perhaps they do sell the shorter ones though.

I ended up getting a 12 ft. Monster Pro Series cable RCA to 1/4' cable from a local music store.

EDIT: Just to be clear here. You will get one Better Cables 3ft RCA to 1/4 cable and one RCA to 1/4 adapter with your order. If the cable is long enough you will not need the adapter. The adapter lets you use a RCA to RCA cable if you happen to have one of those around.

Laters,

Jeff

Mark Gerald

Auditioning
Thanks for the info, Jeff! The main reason I'd prefer independent inputs for each channel is that I'll be using this amp to drive both an HSU TN1220 and the SVS sub until I can afford a second SVS to replace the HSU. I have ordered the HSU bass optimizer to equalize the TN1220 and I'm not sure if that will limit the range of the SVS sub. However, from what you said, it sounds like I can just add an RCA to RCA cable to mate with the supplied 1/4" to RCA adapter and use that combo for the second independent channel. Cool!

Tam Nguyen

Grip
Guy,

I order the cs+/s1000 and got a standard 3ft 1/4 to 1/4 cable and an 1/4 to RCA adapter. It is not a Better Cable unless you get the Ultra.

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
Check out Link Removed.
I purchased some cables (including an rca to 1/4") and they are very nice and are very reasonably priced. The connectors are first rate as well as the quality of the cables.
I searched for a long time before deciding on these cables.

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
Okies sorry for the confusion. I got a Better Cables cable when I ordered my dual CS+ setup. I guess the shipping guys messed up and gave me a good one by mistake (shh don't tell Tom and Ron they may make me give it back). Sorry about that. However the rest of the post should be correct.

Laters,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks