What's new

Rare DTS and/or Anamorphic titles (Brazil R4 NTSC) (1 Viewer)

AlexBC

Second Unit
Jim,

I don't think there's any difference between them at all. The R4 NTSC Brz version has been available for a couple years as well.
I just recently added it to the list because I wasn't sure it was the theatrical cut, until I had checked it myself.
The disc is almost barebones, but it does include an isolated score track in DD 5.1 and the theatrical trailer.

Thanks Percebe, I'll add it to the list.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
^ ^
Thanks, Alex. So, what's the easiest/least expensive online retailer to get the theatrical Mohicans disc from?

AlexBC

Second Unit
Jim,

I believe the best on-line store to get the disc from is www.dvdworld.com.br , the only problem is that they don't have an english interface, but I believe you can navigate trough it easily (maybe babelfish could help as well).
You might want to check the first 2 pages of this thread, as there's been some posts regarding their service.

Percebe,

thanks for the detailed specs on the Pink Panter Collection. Regarding the Missing in Action disc, unfortunaley it's not anamorphic.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I recently got an all-region player and a 16x9 tv, and so here I am! ;)

But I can't seem to locate the R4 Brazilian "Brazil" disc anywhere - is it still available? Does anyone have a link?

Thanks! :)

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
"I heard that there's a R4 NTSC anamorphic "Muppet Christmas Carol"... is that true?"

"Muppet Christmas Carol" is pan-and-scan. However, there is a 16X9 version of the TV movie "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas".

There's also a 16X9 Australian R4 disc (PAL) of "Muppet Treasure Island".

Roger U

Auditioning
Does anyone know where I could purchase a Region 4 NTSC version of the movie Brazil[1985] by Terry Gilliam? All the brazilian DVD stores seem to be out, is there someone who has a used copy for sale, or somewhere that sells used foreign DVD's? Or does anyone know of a source that would stock this title?

Roger U

Auditioning
Were you able to find the title in Mexico, is it still available? Is there some website that sells Mexican Region 4 DVD's I could checkout? Isn't Gigante a grocery store?

Roger U

Auditioning
Well I'll be gosh darned, Korea is NTSC? Another place to look for anamorphic transfers I guess, thanks for the link. The website shows it as a 137 min movie, when in fact it's 143 minutes long. Do they censor/cut movies produced on DVD in Korea?

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Uh-oh... 137 minutes would be correct if we adjust for PAL speedup, which would apply here if this NTSC disc is converted from a PAL source. If the ghosting and other PAL>NTSC artifacts are apparent, then the native R2 PAL version might be the better way to go.

Releases on 3/17, eh? I hope we get some more info.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
That's wrong. I have the R2UK and R3K versions. The R2UK runs 137 minutes and the R3K runs 143 minutes.

3/17 for this re-release/re-price. It originally was released on June or 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unbob
Recent bookmarks