What's new

Rant - On Customers (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I buy alot of stuff from Ultimate Electronics in Las Vegas. I have probably made 10 seperate purchases there over the past couple of years. I've probably bought from 7 or 8 different salesmen. They have all been totally worthless and completely unknowledgeable.

The salesman that sold me my 61" Sony 3 years ago is still spewing out the same old shit about why you need a Monster Power Surge Protector. I've heard him give the same speech to two other people. "This one has a 1665 joule rating.....Now, I really don't know what a joule is, do you know what a joule is? That is a pretty high rating....blah blah blah"

I was looking for a new DVD player a couple months ago and I asked asalesman what players were DVD-A compatible. After examining the front of all of his players looking for the label, he let me know which ones would play DVD-A discs. Thanks alot. That was the extent of his knowledge concerning DVD players.

So, most of the time I go in there for a specific item. I grab the first salesman, tell him I don't want his freaking free water, then tell him what I want. I'd rather spread the wealth among the sales staff. They are all equally undeserving of it. Why should I let one of them monopolize the money.

Maybe there are some knowledgeable sales people out there, just not where I live.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Adil,

How much of your commissions are "unearned"? If it's happening to you, it's probably happening to the other sales people too. Maybe it eventually evens out?

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Rule number 1: The customer is ALWAYS right.

Rule number 2: They MUST be PUNISHED for their arrogance.

--Dogbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks