What's new

Radeon 8500 & Sony VPL-PX30 Issues (1 Viewer)

Mike Cohen

Auditioning
The HTPC we have set up here consists of an all-in-wonder Radeon 8500DV attached to Sony vpl-px30 projector via a computer monitor (VGA) cable. The projector has a maximum resolution of 1024x768. We've had everything up and working in the past, and looking very nice, but a weird problem has appeared recently. At resolutions above 640x480, instead of displaying the whole desktop the system only displays 640x480 worth, creating a virtual screen of the whole resolution (moving the mouse to the side of the 640x480 section being displayed makes it move around). Even odder, since this problem began i've gotten the system to properly display at 800x600, but as soon as display settings were changed (by trying to go to a higher res.) the display went back to 640x480 and trying to go to 800x600 resulted in the same problem (only a portion of the screen being displayed). Anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure what to try.
Thanks,
-Mike

Chris Luebbe

Auditioning
Hey Mike,
Just a friendly note: Please don't list your equipment in your signature. It causes problems when users do a search for a specific piece of equipment and your signature comes up in the search results.
Just a heads up. ;)
Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but I was wondering if your HTPC is doing anything other than playing DVDs? Are you using it as a music jukebox, too? I'm going to start piecing together a HTPC of my own here in about a month or two.
It looks like your Pioneer receiver has digital inputs and I'm pretty sure the Soundblaster has digital out. Is there a reason you're using the analog outputs for the audio? Just curious...

Mike Cohen

Auditioning
Well, I'd think that users that are tryig to find information on the hardware I'm using would generally be interested in finding my posts, but I can imagine that some times it might be unhelpful. Anyway, yes we're basically using the computer as the center for video & music, and it works pretty well. Honestly, I don't think I could use anything else to listen to music, actually purchasing on CD or something my 80gb collection of music would be prohibitively expensive. Oh, and that config list is outdated, at the time I was using analog out since the SB doesn't do 5.1 digital out (unless its passing the signal) so my music was coming out of only the front two speakers. We have a different receiver now that can expand such a stereo signal to 4 speakers, so yeah now we're using the digital out. Good quality MP3's (192kbps+) sound pretty good on the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks