R2 - "Fiddler on the Roof" - Special Edition

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jeff_HR, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

A Special Edition of "Fiddler on the Roof" is being released in R2 on 11/10. The contents of the 2 discs & some specs:

Disc One: Director Norman Jewison’s audio commentary. Theatrical trailer.
    Disc Two: Making of. Norman Jewison Looks Back: a series of five featurettes. Deleted song: 'Any Day Now'. Tevye’s dream in full colour. The Stories of Sholam Aleichem. Historical background documentary with photographs by Ann Weiss. 5 storyboard to film comparisons. 5 trailers including original teasers and TV spots. Easter Egg: The Tale of The Beggar. Production materials including original press book and international release posters. Photographic production diary. Original production notes. Production and design storyboards.

Dolby Digital 5.1: English
    Duration: 171 mins
    Format: DVD
    Region: 2
    Aspect Ratio: 2.35 Anamorphic Wide Screen
    Cat. No: 16164CDVD(MGM HOME ENT. (EUROPE) LTD.)
    Subtitles: Danish, Dutch, English for the hearing impaired, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Those specs look great indeed! Vey interesting release, and I'm almost sure that some of those characteristics will never be on a R1 DVD.

Cees

3. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

That is why I've already ordered it from BlackStar UK for £16.59. I don't care to wait & hope for a R1 release with the same kind of extras. [​IMG]

4. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug
    Isn't this all on the present R1 Special Edition?