What's new

R1 Buffy Season 3 - does anyone know when? (1 Viewer)

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
... must have more Buffy! ...
Does anyone know when Season 3 of Buffy is scheduled to be released for Region 1? I am dying to see more. If it doesn't come out sometime in this calendar year, I am going to break down and buy the R4 versions of seasons 3-5, I guess.
Also, for anyone who replies to this, PLEASE don't put any spoilers in - I haven't ever seen Buffy on TV, and I haven't (yet) had anything spoiled for me, so I would love to keep it that way. :)
Thanks,

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
The insert with season two states "Winter 2003", presumably meaning very early (January?) next year.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Season 3 restarts on FX Thursday October 22 at 6PM
I know the wait is hard my son, have faith in Joss to pull you through it
(Just for extra torture, Season 3 is the best one of the 6 :) )

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Jan 13th, huh? Well, I guess I will see how long I can hold out. :)
Jeff, thanks for the FX rerun info. However, after getting used to seeing the incomparable SMG/Buffy in all of her crystal-clear-DVD, no-commercial-interruption glory, I'm not sure I could stand to see her marred by the atrocity that is cable TV!
I am really looking forward to season 3. I would put the last few episodes of season 2 up against anything else I have ever seen as some of the best TV ever - including (dare I say it) Babylon 5, which is my all time favorite TV series. The way S2 ended was SO poignant, I still can't get over it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Scott, come join the Church of Joss, you obviously have already accepted him as your personal saviour of good television :)
If you think "Becoming" was good, wait till you see "The Body". Season 5 needs a psychiatric counseling featurette for that one

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
My wife actually gave me permission to pre-order BUFFY S3 the minute it goes on sale. If you knew my wife, you'd know what a big deal that is. ALL HAIL JOSS!! (and hope that FIREFLY doesn't bite :D )

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
We know that Firefly won't bite, it's Joss :) Have Faith my son (no, not that Faith, your wife would be upset :) )

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Plus, he's naked in a season three episode... Faith, Hope, and Trick, so that will probably cause her to croak. :)
I can't wait until season 3 comes out, I agree, it's my favorite season.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I agree with Molly's brother. It is the best season. Coupled with Season 2, there is no greater two years of television out there for my money.

Phil

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Scott and David -
The following is carefully constructed to be spoiler free, while still saying something :)
First - in a way, you don't have to wait because Firefly starts in one week. Although we don't yet know how it is going to be, nevertheless those of us who like both Buffy and B5 should enjoy it. The three principals are Joss Whedon (Buffy), Tim Minnear (Buffy spinoff series), and Ben Edlund (the Tick).
Back to the subject ... Season Three has the best average quality of any season of BtVS.
The last few episodes of Season Two are probably as good as it gets, although the last few of Season Five come close.
The great aspects of Season Three:
- Almost no clunker episodes
- There are so many different 'arc' threads that just about every episode contributes to the 'arc'.
- It continues Season Two while at the same time also being 'its own thing'
- One of the most unique 'bad guys' who embodies some of the usually glossed-over aspects of evil
- You see new sides of the existing characters
Of the seasons after that, Season Five comes close to 2 & 3, especially the arc. Season Four is generally entertaining throughout, but tends to have high points and low points - the high point being "Hush" which is Joss Whedon's "The Coming of Shadows".
By Season Six, you are watching simply because you enjoy the show, and so the fact that it is not quite up to the previous Seasons matters less, and there are a few excellent episodes, my favorite being "Tabula Rasa", an ingenious psychological thriller in the mold of "The Prisoner".
PS Do not venture into any Buffy online discussion group of any sort, as they all are filled with spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks