What's new

R.I.P Sinéad O’Connor (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
wasn't a fan back when she had her hits. But not long ago I was rewatching the SNL she was first on (not the famous torn pope one, haven't seen it yet) but her first. I'd never heard the 2 songs she did but I remember being absolutely floored by how much she put into her songs. Truly incredible performances. She was the real deal like Aretha, Tina, Janis, Carol King, Tracy Chapman and female singers like that. And she spoke her damn mind! I've been a fan since seeing that SNL last year.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sinead O’Connor was blessed with a talent few of us will ever experience, and cursed with demons that I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy. My wish is that her soul can at long last be at peace.

If you’ve never heard the song that Bono and Gavin Friday wrote for her to sing in the film “In the Name of the Father” (entitled “You Made Me the Thief of Your Heart”), seek it out - a breathtaking performance.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Sinead O’Connor was blessed with a talent few of us will ever experience, and cursed with demons that I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy. My wish is that her soul can at long last be at peace.

If you’ve never heard the song that Bono and Gavin Friday wrote for her to sing in the film “In the Name of the Father” (entitled “You Made Me the Thief of Your Heart”), seek it out - a breathtaking performance.
Vey sad life for such a talent MAY GOD REST HER SOUL RIP

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'm a casual fan of her music but was completely unaware of her struggles. This is so unexpected and sad. Too much life left to live.

My prayers to her family and inner circle.

R.I.P

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Wrote one of my favorite songs " drink before the war" used in the underrated film state of grace
I'm a big fan of State of Grace, but I don't recall what song that is.

EDIT: I'm guessing we're not referring to the same movie. The one I'm referring to is a gangster movie set in Hell's Kitchen.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
In high school, my best friend told me this album was “college music” and so we had to listen to it. I didn’t follow Sinead past this album, give or take her radio hits. But the timing of finding this album and experiencing new music that rewired my brain the way that things do in our youth makes this one of those perfect albums. And track 1, “Jackie”, is to me sublime.

I hope Sinead finds her peace.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Very sad, and extra sad because it was not unexpected.

I just recently caught the biopic *Nothing Compares', which Swedish TV streams, and it showed a strong and fragile, wise and unwise person clearly tormented and gifted. Well worth seeking out.

I was never a big fan, but still feel strongly affected by her fate.
And I didn't even much like her version of Nothing compares 2 U, my favorite (and only) album of hers is the brilliant Am I Not Your Girl.

I hope she has finally found peace, she is worth it.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I'm a big fan of State of Grace, but I don't recall what song that is.

EDIT: I'm guessing we're not referring to the same movie. The one I'm referring to is a gangster movie set in Hell's Kitchen.
Same film. The dance scene between Penn and Wright. 1990

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks