What's new

R.I.P. Richard Crenna (1 Viewer)

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Damn, that is too bad. I loved him too. Too many great roles. He was what made First Blood such a great movie to me.

In fact, just last night I watched the 1980s mini-series "On Wings of Eagles" in which he stared as Ross Perot.

And while, I still think he might not have been the best representation of Perot, my girlfriend said "but yeah if you made a movie of yourself you'd probably want Richard Crenna to play you too"....

.. And I bet I would.

Rest in Peace

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Here's another moment where I'm feeling my age...I remember Crenna playing "Walter" on Our Miss Brooks when he was 25 years old. Later he was "Luke" on The Real McCoys with Walter Brennan.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
sad news indeed as he was truly a great actor, especially in Body Heat and countless other films

Robert Saccone

Premium
An actor he made it easy to suspend disbelief. I recall an excellent mini-series he was in called "Switch" where he play a NYC detective (Janek?) tracking a murderer that killed two woman and switched their heads

Paul D Young

Second Unit
I was just thinking about him yesterday and I couldn't remember his name. My mother tried to get me to watch a made for TV movie and I was trying to tell her that I only watch Made for TV Movies if Richard Crenna is in them.
I say this because, Devil Dog: The Hound Of Hell is often cited by me as the best Made for TV movie ever.
It is quite hilarious. Richard Crenna was a great character.

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed Richard Crenna's performance in the film "Summer Rental". He played a snobby yachtsman.

R.I.P.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Sorry to hear about this - while Crenna wasn't a particular favorite of mine, it was alway nice to see him on the screen. Truly one of the dependable old lions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks