What's new

R.I.P Kevin Conroy (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It's funny...people associate him -- and rightfully so -- as the voice of Batman in various animated series, but I still think of him most as the late, lamented Captain Wallace in the first season of Tour of Duty.

Still, I'm glad he got to play a live-action Batman in the Arrowverse's "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
He was the voice of Batman for me and entire generations.

Sixty-six is too young.
And without him, Mark Hamill, Bruce Timm and the rest of the other great voice actors that he worked with on the series the whole DC Animated Universe thing would have never gotten off the ground. His voice was the anchor for all the DC animated projects.
I know that he did other acting, other than the voice work. And putting him in the Arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths was a love letter to fans.

Rest in peace

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The Batman of The Animated Series is my favorite version of Batman, and Kevin Conroy was a large part of what made it work. Sad news. He was my age. RIP

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Just read this and feel very sad. Long before Batman he was in a production of "A Midsummer's Night Dream" with William Hurt and Christine Baranski in Central Park NYC. I was lucky enough to see this production and it has been available online. It was recorded for broadcast on A&E when that channel stood for Arts and Entertainment. Cancer takes too many people .

I will watch the Arrowverse Crisis On Infinite Earths this weekend where he played a live action Bruce Wayne.

1668193526266.png

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was so sad to read of his passing when I logged on this afternoon. Gone far too soon. A wonderful, versatile talent who will be much missed.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Awful news. He perfectly captured a character that has enthralled audiences for 80 years, and his interpretation is easily the best. It won’t be the same without him.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
On HBOMAX on the DC HuB they are featuring Batman The Animated Series in Remembrance of Kevin Conway

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Was Conroy going to voice Batman in Bruce Timm's upcoming Batman animated show? The one that got pushed off HBO MAX when the new regime took over? And did it land anywhere yet?

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Take with a grain of salt as there is no official confirmation.
On IMDB Conroy is listed as the voice of "Thomas Wayne" for BATMAN: THE CAPED CRUSADER.

Rest In Peace Kevin.
You are the Greatest Batman on this earth or any other planet.

1668667789939.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks