What's new

Quick question about mounting Tempest (1 Viewer)

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Sorry mods for starting a thread for a small question but I need a quick answer. When mounting the Tempest does it get dropped in from the top of the box or held in place and secured from the bottom? THe pictures I see seem to have it put in from the bottom and held in place, however my dad thinks that the foam on the outer rim needs to be compressed against the wood. Which way is right?

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Drop it in a hole from the outside of the box with some closed cell foam tape to seal it.

Pete

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
Drop it in. The driver goes on top of the wood. Put some weather stripping on the back rim to seal it up.

Some sub manufactures have finally removed the "old school" compression ring you are referring to.

If you mount it inside, you would have to destroy your enclosure to get it out...:b

rf

Brett Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
Justin, see my recent post "If I build it will they come, 214L tempest sub..." I have posted virtually every tempest related quetion I could think of in this thread and I just finished mine. I will be posting pics and feedback on Thursday eve.......Stay tuned in that thread.....One word to give you a preview WOW!!!

BTW, mount the sub from the bottom and used soam foam tape or butyl or rope caulk to seeal for any air leaks, tighten up and be careful to pre-drill or you WILL split the MDF as the driver mounting holes are very close to the cutout edge.

Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks