What's new

Quick and easy - Isolation pads for my LD <$20 (1 Viewer)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
My LD player wiggles the rack when playing funky discs, so I think iso-pads may be necessary.

Best recommendation for less than $20?

Thanks in advance!

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
You may want to take a look at 4 Vibrapods under your player, as you need to decouple the LD unit. And try placing the unit on the bottom shelf.

But, I would begin by addressing your rack. More mass will go a long way in stabilizing all that rests on it.

Good Luck,

BOK

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I have 100 lbs of CRT on the rack, but it's a bit wobbly due to moving it every so often. I'll try to tighten it up...Where do you buy vibrapods?

AA has something for $12...I may try those plus a rack tweak.

- C

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
www.audiogon.com
.... in the tweaks forum is your easiest source for pods.
I have bought some from CJ's who always list his on audiogon with the header "Vibrapods-Free Shipping...$6.00", or something like that.
IMO , you really need to decouple with pods (short of taking drastic measures with your rack, of course).
The isopads you mention will not provide this function. You may as well buy cork, or use mouse pads , or wrist gell rests used by those 8 hr straight data entry folks. The isopads are essentially a combo of all I have just mentioned.
BOK

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Colin,

I have a bunch of pods in excellent condition laying around. I don't know the weight of your LD player (I suspect it's hefty) but I have eight #3 pods which might work for you if your unit is 32-40lbs. Then again maybe it is not that weighty :*)

Let me know. You can always lay some sand filled baggies on top of the unit to meet the pod parameter. A little mass loading may assist in the decoupling.
Anyway, 4 shipped to you for $16. even.

I also have six #4 pods (weight range 14-18 per pod) and three #5 pods (weight range 22-28 per pod). Same price applies to all, $4.00 ea. shipped.

BOK

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
On a side note, if your rack has developed a nasty tendency to wiggle or shake when your LD player spins, and that's a result of it having been moved around, you might want to take a good close look at it and either find a way to rectify the problem or replace it. There may be structural issues at play here and it would be a terrible thing if things came crashing down.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
My gear used to rattle with the IB sub playing near it so I just cut up a mouse pad and use small squares under each device and under the shelf supports and now nothing rattles at all. I'd look into that before spending money on something more exotic...though those vibrapods are a good deal at $16

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks