What's new

Questions on a Sony LCD KDL-46V2500 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking at this Sony KDL-46V2500. It will be replacing a 10-12 year old 36" JVC CRT. The thing I keep thinking about is wether or not this TV is worth it if I am mostly going to watch standard def TV(I TiVo everything I watch), and some movies. For now I was going to get an upconvert DVD player, not high def.

Now people have said this TV does not display standard def well. But, what does that mean? Better than my old JVC, or the same, or worse even?

I feel I found a good price on this TV, but don't want to end up being unhappy with it.

Also, extended warranties on LCD TV's? Worth it?

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I know I am talking to myself here, but I signed up for Directv HD with the HD DVR. So now I just want to make sure I am getting the right TV. Is this good TV, what others should I look at in this price range? Any ideas or comments would be great.

Echo 7

Agent
Real Name
Carlos A. Burgos
I just bought this LCD about a week ago and it is amazing with HD..as for SD it is nothing spectacular..color's are really nice. Problem is that SD is not handled so well due to the poor quality that these sets receive in a form of a SD signal. Obviously if you go to the XBR.then SD will look allot better but still will be no where near the quality of Tube Color wise and reliability wise..can't beat a Sony. I am enjoying this tV very much and have learned to put up with the Crappy SD signal. I also run a Toshiba HD dvd player and also enjoy that as well. If your going to get a great price on this set than go for it. There are LCD's like Toshiba, Samsung (I beleive they have the same panel) and sharp. I have seen them all and each one of have their plus' and minus...

Anyway let us know if you decide to get this set and do extensive research..just don't trust going to a store because there set up is way different than what we get at home. Also know that you will have to calibrate the set once you get home. Okay I hope to have helped you in your purchase.

Regards,

Echo 7

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info. I did end up getting a Panasonic 50" Plasma though. But I really appreciate the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks