What's new

Questions for Panasonic RV31 owners (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Well first off I love the player. It's my first DVD player but for $130 it is an awesome value. My question is about some of the settings. I read the manual but I want to know what you guys use. I have a 32" Toshiba television (non-HDTV or flat screen) and I find that the best setting is to have it in 4:3 letterbox mode. 16:9 mode looks terrible and pan and scan isn't as good as letterbox (I watch movies in widescreen but the 16:9 mode is terrible). I also changed the DTS to bitstream just like the dolby digital is in. In the manual it says if you have a digital connection to turn pcm down conversion to on. I have the sound going to my receiver via digital optical connection and the video going to my TV via component connection. Do all these settings seem ok and is there anything I should change or check? I have an Onkyo 595 receiver if that matters.

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
I have a CV51 which is the 5 disc version. If you only paid $130 then you got an awesome price. 3 months ago when I was looking the RV31 was $199.

Sounds like your settings are correct. Enjoy your player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks