What's new

Questions for Benq PB6100 Owners (1 Viewer)

I just got the 6100, does anyone else notice that the brightness doesn't seem much higher than the Infocus X1, I compared them side by side and I didn't expect a big difference, but more than I'm seeing. And the economic mode doesn't seem much different in brightness than the other modes. I wonder if in economic and gaming mode the clear part of the color wheel is used, and in the others it's turned off. Because economic mode actually seems brighter than film mode, however the whites and colors seem a lot less accurate. Any other owners out their notice this?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, still in the stages of setting mine up. I'll be giving a somewhat coherant review in the next day or two.

The story goes that the 6100 a little more than the X1 when they are in the same mode.

Presentation mode Benq is a little brighter

Economy mode the Benq is a little brighter

I have noticed that in the hour I watched it I haven't seen any signs of a rainbow.

B

Do you notice that economy mode actually seems brighter than film mode. I think it's because it's using the clear color wheel segment. Economy mode works fine for TV, but it's not good for anything else. I wish they just had a way to dim the bulb while keeping the same color settings. Another problem I've run into, I have a 16:9 screen, on the Infocus I could use native mode to fit a 4:3 image into the 16:9 window, but the BenQ doesn't have that option. I can't figure out what to do about TV. Any ideas?

Some other things, the fans make a somewhat throbbing sound, instead of a steady hum. It seems louder than my X1. And the picture in Film mode seems to blue to me. Anyway, just some observations. I'm sure through further tweaking and can get a really good picture. Otherwise the projector is great. Has anyone else noticed some of these problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks