What's new

Question: OTA in Dallas (1 Viewer)

Mariano Michel

Auditioning
I have a DST3000 connected to a Bidirectional "Swept-Wing" Antenna from RS. I haven't been able to pick up UPN(18) for about 2 weeks, but I am receiving CBS(19)100%. I believe both of these station come from the same relay station ... Also, I have noticed that CBS even thought it says it a 100% the picture is mostly distorted. Any suggestions?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hi Mariano. I am seeing something different...
Channel 18 (UPN 21-1 and 21-2) is showing up just fine, but Channel 19 (CBS 11-1 and 11-2) is off the air. I usually get both channels fine. I wonder if this is weather related?
Channel 35 (Fox) does not map to channel 4-1 like it should, but reception is clear. Channel 9 (WFAA 8-1 and 8-2) is fine. And Channel 41 (KXAS 5) is also fine.
I have never been able to tune Channel 14 (KERA).
Looks like we may be spending a snow day without CBS. :frowning:
- Steve
P.S.: Welcome to the forum!!

Mariano Michel

Auditioning
Well, after several attempts of changing antennas, realigning the antenna, checking & rechecking connections and climbing up and down the ladder. Yesterday I decided to turn the DST3000 off for the day. After returning from work in the evening I reconnected everything and was able to receive all of the OTA stations in Dallas. After about and hour of enjoying HD the unit started getting hot and I started losing signal and some of the channels. Finaly decide to return the unit and get another one. I did and everything seems to be working great ... Just a thought if you are running into Multipath Issues or losing channels with the Tosh/Mits/Hughes HD DirecTv receiver. This is my story and I'm sticking to it......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks