Question: OTA in Dallas

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mariano Michel, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Mariano Michel

Mariano Michel Auditioning

I have a DST3000 connected to a Bidirectional "Swept-Wing" Antenna from RS. I haven't been able to pick up UPN(18) for about 2 weeks, but I am receiving CBS(19)100%. I believe both of these station come from the same relay station ... Also, I have noticed that CBS even thought it says it a 100% the picture is mostly distorted. Any suggestions?

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Hi Mariano. I am seeing something different...
    Channel 18 (UPN 21-1 and 21-2) is showing up just fine, but Channel 19 (CBS 11-1 and 11-2) is off the air. I usually get both channels fine. I wonder if this is weather related?
    Channel 35 (Fox) does not map to channel 4-1 like it should, but reception is clear. Channel 9 (WFAA 8-1 and 8-2) is fine. And Channel 41 (KXAS 5) is also fine.
    I have never been able to tune Channel 14 (KERA).
    Looks like we may be spending a snow day without CBS. [​IMG]
    - Steve
    P.S.: Welcome to the forum!!

3. Mariano Michel

Mariano Michel Auditioning

Well, after several attempts of changing antennas, realigning the antenna, checking & rechecking connections and climbing up and down the ladder. Yesterday I decided to turn the DST3000 off for the day. After returning from work in the evening I reconnected everything and was able to receive all of the OTA stations in Dallas. After about and hour of enjoying HD the unit started getting hot and I started losing signal and some of the channels. Finaly decide to return the unit and get another one. I did and everything seems to be working great ... Just a thought if you are running into Multipath Issues or losing channels with the Tosh/Mits/Hughes HD DirecTv receiver. This is my story and I'm sticking to it......