What's new

question on 'never winter nights' (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -
i just bought this game and am enjoying it thoroughly. there's just so much stuff to do.
anyway, i noticed that sometimes, i get a symbol in the upper left-hand corner. i'm not sure what they are. when i click them nothing seems to happen. they'll even keep "stacking" from left to right across the screen. i think one time when i was trying to open a barrel, everytime i clicked the barrel i got another icon.
can anyone clarify?
also, if you have any general comments, suggestions or tips, i'd love to hear them.
i don't want to play the game in any sort of cheat mode (yet) and i'm not using any strategy guides (yet)...for some strange reason i'm actually trying to play this game "legit"! :D

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Those icons represent actions qued up for your character, such as move to, talk to, open, drink potion, cast spell, etc. You can que up multiples of the same action.

My advice would be to save often in multiple save locations, which I think is good advice for most games anyways. If you're fond of your character I'd recommend exporting a version of it each time you level up (or get something really cool)if you intend to play online at all. I don't have a 1st through 5th level of my favorite and it's really a drag (easy enough to remake, but none the less).

I wouldn't bother with cheats for this game, even at tougher difficulties. The stone of recall makes it so easy to get access to healing if your in a really bad situation and you have it quick slotted.

Have fun, this was a really enjoyable game. If you have questions just ask, there are a bunch of us here who have played through this.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
ahh...thanks travis. that clears it up. good tip on putting the stone of recall in a quick slot. i'll be sure to do that. thx!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
travis -
another question if i may? :)
i got into a jam and used my stone of recall. then, when i tried to teleport back, nothing happened. well, actually it did take my 50gp, but then i just stood there.
what am i doing wrong?
thx

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
NOt sure. You need to use the portal in the temple, which will take you back to the location where you last used the stone of recall. I have accidently used stone of recall rather than the portal a few times and ended up recalling myself to my current position and then having to walk back to where I was (which sucks in later modules).

If you're still having troubles, I'd load up a save, and see if you can get it to work in less than dire circumstances. I don't recall any bugs with the stone, but you might check Bioware's message boards and see if others have had a problem with it. Have you patched NWN?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
ahh...i think you're travis. i think i did use the stone in the same spot (the temple). i'll load up a save and do a test.

i did upgrade via the website to the latest rev so i'm pretty sure i'm solid there.

thx again!

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
The stone usually works fine in combat too. Used it many times to get out of bad situations where I needed some healing or to recover a dead NPC. Just be forewarned that there are a few places where you can't use it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks