What's new

Question for HK 7300 owners??? (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
How is the conversion of the video. I'm actually getting closer to obtaining this as a replacement for my HK 500. I have a Sony RPTV KP51WS520 and I currently have all video going through the IScan Pro for 480p conversion. My understanding that the HK scales to 1080i. Am I correct and if so how's the picture??

MikeNg

Second Unit
The 7300 scales to 480p, not 1080i. I'm pretty sure of this. Had the 7300 in house for about two months, and the upscaling was a noticable impprovement over 480i. The colors were much more vibrant and saturated. The contrast was higher. But the overall sharpness was just slightly better. There's no magic involved here. You give it a lousy signal, and there's only so much it can do.

I hear that the AVR740 (next generation flagship that retails for $3500+) will upscale to 720p (I think) and 1080i. I'm a little put off by the price and the fact that they put in smaller amps (back down to 85 WPC; but I don't know what current it puts out).

If you already have a scaler then I think the AVR isn't going to get you a whole lot more other than possibly slightly better video output.

Mike

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, for the response, I just downloaded there Sound and Vision review from 2004 and it clearly states it scales to 480p. I would use it for sound basically since the Iscan is working great. That 740 sounds interesting, didn't see it on the site yet, but I'll check again.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
O.K. forget the 7300, I'm going for this. XM radio capability, 1080i upconversion. My current 500 I believe is 85 watts per channel and it sounds great, .2 for stereo subs, :eek:

MikeNg

Second Unit
If the extra bells/whistles are worth it to you, then I'd say go for it. Love to hear your impressions on it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks