What's new

Question about JVC Digital Camcorder (1 Viewer)

StanikS

Agent
Real Name
Tidal
I hope this is in the right area... if it is not please forgive me.

I'm interested in a JVC GR-DVL725U MiniDV camcorder. All the specs are awesome on except I can't seem to find any info on whether or not I transfer video from tape to my PC through firewire.

Is this camcorder capable of this? If not which ones can? I'm trying to stay in the $800. Better yet what website would have this info?

Thanks

Steve

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Do they mention anything about I-Link? That's firewire.

Can you send a link to a spec list?

SteveA

Supporting Actor
I've never seen a MiniDV camera that did not have a Firewire connection (also called IEEE 1394). I have different model JVC MiniDV camera (850? I don't remember exactly.) and it does have Firewire. I got it for $749 last fall at Beast Buy. It's the model with the 3" screen.

StanikS

Agent
Real Name
Tidal
The camcorder has IEEE1394, iLink connection, and here is the link
http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?model...L026785&page=2
the manual doesn't come out and confirm this but I talked to a person at circuit city and they said it would because they had another customer return one because it needed 3rd party software to edit the video from the tape
so you guys think i can pull video from tape through firewire?

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
Yep. You just need the software that'll let you do it. I use ULEAD VideoStudio 5, but there's also some free stuff out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks