What's new

Question about HT connections (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Ok would this setup work? I'm going to have a digital optical connection from my receiver to my cd player and to my dvd player (receiver has two optical digital connections). Then I'm going to have a component connection from my dvd player to my tv. Do I need any other connections? I'm going to be listening to TV and movies in both 5.1 and through the TV's built in speakers (late at night). Would I need any other connections for my HT setup?

David Judah

Screenwriter
If you want the DVD sound to also come through your TV speakers, you will need to run a stereo cable from your DVD player to your TV as well.

It would probably be easier though to just turn on the Dynamic Range feature on your receiver for late night viewing.

DJ

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Allen- If I'm interpreting your post correctly, you have a component (video?) connection from your DVD to your TV. Do you also have an audio connnection from your DVD to your TV? You'll need it for the late night listening you refer to. Or you may just want to use headsets. Other than that, it sounds like you're good to go.

Enjoy!

Steve K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks