What's new

Question about FHE turtle Tapes.... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I've recently discovered the joys of MP3 technology, and am currently converting all my Turtle eps(the entire original series) to MP3CD's. Figure I can fit 192 episodes on 6 discs.

But as I'm redoing them all, I'm going through my official tapes, and it's curious how they decided wich episodes to release, and wich ones not to release. For instance, the 1994 season is only 8 episodes, and was released as part of a tenth anniversary special. However, they never bothered to release the last two eps of the season. 1993 was equally spread out, with about 4 or so episodes missing out of a 13 episode batch...

Anyone think they had a plan, or if these where just thrown together to make a quick buck? I'm not sure if TV on tape was a big seller or not, or if it was planned all that well like TV on DVD is..but it has gotten me wondering how they choose wich eps to release.

Thanks

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Helps for the trips I take down to Florida, or if we ever go again, California. Or the 2 hours or so it takes to travel down the Jersey Shore. Helps make the time go by faster :).

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator
Heh--I bought most of the old FHE tapes from ebay and still have them sealed for DVD transfer if/when Artisan stops releasing sets. There really is no release pattern that I can discern; you're lucky to still have your old recordings : )

As an aside, I still enjoy popping one of these in every now and then just for the sake of nostalgia (e.g., the deafening FHE logo).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks