What's new

Queer as Folk pixelization (1 Viewer)

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I've been renting these discs from Netflix, and am considering buying them. However, I've been seeing a lot of pixelization on some of the discs.

I'm wondering if there's been a mfg. problem, or if the discs are just scratched & dirty since they're rentals. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Thanks--Mike

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm on disc six right now and the biggest problem video wise I've seen is the grainy appearance. Other than that, disc 3 locked up my RCA player but works fine in my Sony.

I think they look just fine to tell you the truth.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's probably the fact that the discs are beat up, the eps are grainy, but I haven't seen anything major in digital artifacting

Robyn Young

Stunt Coordinator
I rented all of them from the store(can you believe it? My Hollywood Video Got these for rent!). I didn't have any problems with them at all. For the most part, they looked pretty good.

robyn

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Yeah, there were a couple discs that had some pretty serious artifacting issues -- so I assume that it's just a matter of worn out/beat up discs (but hey, it's Netflix).

Thanks,

Mike

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
I was watching this today. Episode 11 on disc 3 had major pixelization. It was so bad I had to stop it. I thought it might be my player because I tried the disc on my computer and it played fine. But after finding this thread, I'm not so sure...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I had the same problem with disc 3 also. But it happened on episode 9. Now the disc wouldn't play at all. I returned it, but there were none left (sold out) so I have to wait to get the set again later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks