What's new

Queen fans... Decent OFFICIAL releases to tide you over... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They are led to believe they are legal

In this case, just like the Korean Simon&Garfunkle in Central park, they are legal discs, just not the "official" DVD version produced by the band/US studio

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I hope you're right about Wembley being 4x3!
I remember reading an interview with Brian last yr. saying that all future Queen DVDs would be 16x9.

Fingers crossed! When these are zoomed in and blown up, the source material limitation is quite evident.
Some of the Video's on GVH1 look TERRIBLE! "You're My Best Friend", anyone...?
The videos look better on my 10 yr. old Greatest Hits VHS!
Also, this was from '86 and the Video quality NEVER looked great to begin with.

:) D

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Yeah, like everyone else said, bootlegs/pirates *do* occasionally find their ways into stores, like the awful "In Nuce" CD.

BTW, "Ghost of a Smile" is the CD you're thinking of, and that was official, even had Tim Staffel's(!) involvement in it.

Re: official Wembley DVD - I haven't read any official sources that said it will be 4:3, the only place I saw that at was an on-line retailer in the UK.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey again,

Went to Amazon to see if they had the new 2DVD Wembley listed yet, did a search and lo and behold the Brazilian version popped up! Looked for Greatest Hits2 and they have it as well. So who knows WHAT to think.... I have seen these in BEST BUY, TOWER and now AMAZON. Maybe there is something to DVDBrazil's claim as to these being officially licensed. And their site does NOT have the SW original trilogy which are the holy Grail of bootlegs so...

Makes ya wonder. Anyways, I still plan on getting the new Wembley, but GH2 is tiding me over nicely.

Peace! D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The DVDBrazil discs are officially licensed, but they are not the official Queen DVD remasters of the titles, just LD ports

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks