What's new

Psychoacoustics, audio myths, etc. (1 Viewer)

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator
I need some help locating a web link. I found it the other day, possibly on this site, but forgot to bookmark it.

It was a web page by the "Michigan Timbre"-something or other. In it they discussed a lot of the myths and fallacies of audio amplifier specifications. I only looked at it briefly, but it caught my attention because their conclusions were supported by scientific testing. I think

this group may be affiliated with the Univ. of Michigan Physics Department.

One of the items that jumped out at me was that their testing showed that amplifier THD didn't really matter much when talking about sound quality, something I've seen discussed here many times.

Anybody know the URL for this site? Tried numerous search engines, but no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
Perhaps you are looking for the "Southern Michigan Woofer and Tweeter Marching Society." I found their web site easily with Google, but the interesting papers I wanted to read didn't seem to be posted there, unless I missed them. If you find them, please let us know where!

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator
That's it Marc, thanks! This had been bugging me for the past few days. I found their home page through Google, but this doesn't look like the page I found a few days ago. That one included some of the discussion of the "myths" I alluded to in the subject line. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find it.

Thanks again!

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks