What's new

Pryor's Place (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
with the recent passing of Richard Pryor, I suddenly began to remember "Pryor's Place", which I used to watch on Saturday mornings around 1984 or so. A lot of people have forgotten it, and admittedly so did I, but considering interest in Richard Pryor is probably now at an all-time high, is there any shot in hell that this series might be resurrected onto DVD? It only lasted one season so I doubt it'd be too hard to put out, I think a lot of his fans who grew up in the 1980's would love to revisit this show, which has become so obscure. If I recall, it was like Seseme Street with Richard Pryor in live-action. It's been over 20 years and I was quite young then so my memory of it is extremely fuzzy but I do remember watching it every Saturday morning when it was on.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Sid & Marty Krofft did that show, and they're releasing all their other shows on dvd, so I assume they'll eventually get around to releasing Richard as well. Yeah, it would be a nice tribute to him; something for the fans to look back on.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
The first episode of Pryor's Place was on the Kroft DVD set from a few years ago. It had one episode from just about all of their shows.

Plus, in the mid 90's, I think all of the episodes were issued on VHS. So, the show isn't totally forgotten.

I'd like to see a DVD set as well.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
The one on the World of Sid and Marty Kroftt is the 4th episode and has Pat Morita (recently deceased), Pat McCormick (recently deceased) and Marla Gibbs on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks