What's new

PRO'S obliterating the CON'S of HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer

Sure you did/do...just pass on getting either and let the studios/manufacturers know you won't support this war and will be happy with HDTV and DVD until they get their acts together and get ONE format...simple as that..

There isn't a movie on the planet that I "NEED" to have in HD..none...so the wait for me at least is VERY easy.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

Or HD-DVD adopters could be sending the message that they are fully willing to support the format (rather than the war) and hope that BR-exclusive studios also get the message. And then we just hope said studios come to support HD-DVD as well. By all accounts, the "war" would be over then, as all BD has at the moment is exclusive support from MGM, Fox, and Disney.

And, if things happen to go the other way, and we HD-DVD adopters get "burned," I doubt that such a result will be known within the next couple of years. Therefore, we'll at least get to enjoy the format for that time, and jumping over the Blu-Ray will probably be more financially feasible at that point. It's almost a no-lose situation, in my opinion.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Well said Brett. Couldn't have said it better myself. The other issue for me is IF HD-DVD should lose out by then...I'll have alot of fantastic High Def movies to enjoy for years and a fantastic upconverting sd-player as well for the sd-dvds or TV shows I've spent years collecting.

I love my HD-DVD. :)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

Yep, that's another thing I failed to mention: if HD-DVD fails, no one's going to come in and take our discs. Come to think of it, it would be an advantage if Blu-Ray wins out and begins to release titles that were once HD-DVD exclusive. No double-dip required.

I love HD-DVD too. :)

eskendir

Agent
I bought mine form the continental deal. I sold my Oppo and Zenith DVB318 and added some $$, not much to buy the Toshiba. I am glad I made the that decision. Not only the HD-A1 is an HD DVD player, it's also one a heck of upconverting player. I find it better than my Oppo and Zenith. Even if the HD DVD lost the war I have one great SD DVD player. And yes it is a very good CD player too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks