What's new

Pro's & Con's about Direct TV (1 Viewer)

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the hardware price has certainly come down. I saw a Phillips 40GB DirecTivo at BB for $99.99. B & M and online...

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the hardware price has certainly come down. I saw a Phillips 40GB DirecTivo at BB for $99.99. B & M and online...
Yes they just dropped it $100. When it first came out they did the same thing. That is how I got my first two. Tweeter had the DSR6000 for $90 at one point. Then they dried up and the time between the release of the Series 2 and end of Series I, the few new ones were selling for $300-$400 each. New customers can get them even cheaper with a dish installed. Now is the time to switch (like said above, if you have locals available on DirecTV).

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There is a press release on Tivo's web site from back in January announcing the HD stand alone Tivo and HD DirecTivo. There has been nothing official since then. Some Tivo Community members attened the CEDIA conference recently and spoke with some DirecTV and Hughes representatives. That's when the delay rumor (no official press release so it's still a rumor) surfaced. The reps said the DirecTivo box we back for a re-design to add dual OTA and dual HD sat tuners. The original design had single tuners for each HD source.

-Robert

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator
If you are talking about DirecTV PVRs powered by Tivo (aka DirecTivo) having component conections, they don't. All DirecTivos have composite and s-video only. There will be an HD DirecTivo out next year though.
Where did you hear about that $50 directivo offer?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Expert Satellite has a 5 room deal (1 DirecTivo and 4 regular receivers) with installation for $49. Value Electronics has a similar 3 room deal for $39. One of these companies offers a rebate if you do the install yourself.

-Robert

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I just found this web site and order a new DTV reciever for our bedroom. They have Tevo S2 for a good price.
www.orbitsat.com I got a Philips DTV with Componet outputs and rca/toslink DD outputs for $60 delievered!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks