Progressive Scan DVD Player help needed

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Myram, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Myram

Myram Second Unit

I am in the market for a progressive scan dvd player, and I am ready to buy now so I need some opinions first. I have 4 models I am watching, I will list them with a little blurb about what I have heard.
    Panasonic RP-91K - Great all around player, highly recommended. No chroma bug.
    Denon DVD-2800 - Excellent build quality, great for audio as well as DVD. Reportly has chroma bug, but supposedly has been fixed.
    JVC XV-SA70BK - JVC's history is not the greatest, and with the new players out I am getting mixed reviews.
    Mitsubishi DD-6020 - not on the market yet, but is supposed to be very good. Can't find much info on it other then the Mits website.
    So if anyone has any recommendations for any of the above 4 players.......I would really like to hear them.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    ------------------
    Home Theater Page

2. Myram

Myram Second Unit

3. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Look at the Toshiba SD9200 as well. It's a little more expensive than the RP91(about $600-700) but it retails for $1500 and is awesome in picture. I have not directly compared them but the progressive on the Toshiba is awesome from what I have seen.

4. Thom B

Thom B Stunt Coordinator

I've had the jvc for about four months now, and am really happy with it. It's hooked up to a mits 46807. Another forum member, Ron-P, recently did a comparison of the Panasonic rp56 and the Sony ns700, he ended up with the jvc s-60. [​IMG] Here's a link to his thread.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/045223.html