What's new

Progressive Scan DVD Player help needed (1 Viewer)

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
I am in the market for a progressive scan dvd player, and I am ready to buy now so I need some opinions first. I have 4 models I am watching, I will list them with a little blurb about what I have heard.
Panasonic RP-91K - Great all around player, highly recommended. No chroma bug.
Denon DVD-2800 - Excellent build quality, great for audio as well as DVD. Reportly has chroma bug, but supposedly has been fixed.
JVC XV-SA70BK - JVC's history is not the greatest, and with the new players out I am getting mixed reviews.
Mitsubishi DD-6020 - not on the market yet, but is supposed to be very good. Can't find much info on it other then the Mits website.
So if anyone has any recommendations for any of the above 4 players.......I would really like to hear them.
Thanks,
Steve
------------------
Home Theater Page

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Look at the Toshiba SD9200 as well. It's a little more expensive than the RP91(about $600-700) but it retails for $1500 and is awesome in picture. I have not directly compared them but the progressive on the Toshiba is awesome from what I have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks