What's new

Problems with my CDRW drive (1 Viewer)

Josh Vichness

Auditioning
I have a cheap 52x24x52 CDRW Drive (purchased at Best Buy for $50... I know you get what you pay for). I have it cabled as the primary IDE master. The problem is that at least once a day, I lose access to this drive. NERO doesnt see it as a CDRW. I cant eject media from it. A reboot fixes it every time. Its beginning to drive me nuts.

Other specs:

XP Pro
PIII 1G Mhz
1Gb RAM

I know the info provided is vague. I am just looking for jumping of points to help my trouble-shooting. Any ideas?

Cary_H

Second Unit
3 things for you...

Burner as primary master? Really?

Some more recent versions of Nero have had lots of bugs. Have you checked what issues your version has/had?

Ever had/have EZCD Creator on your system?

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Obvious suggestion no. 1: have you checked that all cables are properly seated on the back of the drive and the motherboard?

-Christian

Josh Vichness

Auditioning
Sorry... I meant secondary master.

Cary, I do have EZCD Creator on my system as well... what problems would that cause?

Cary_H

Second Unit
In the past hour I had this very discussion with a friend of mine who was having problems with EZCD on his PC and wanted to try Nero.
Nero and EZCD don't get along very well on the same drive. Even if you remove EZCD there are some things that remain that Nero doesn't agree with.
I have read what needs to be done with XP, but don't have a copy of it. With 98, it required re-naming a couple of files.
Unless someone else here can be of help, I'd suggest you pose the question at one of the many burning specific forums out there. You might start out with the link below. There's some good stuff there.

http://www.ping.be/satcp/

I'll see if I can come up with some specifics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks