What's new

Problems with Moulin Rouge DVD (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Decided to pop in Moulin Rouge Saturday night...lo and behold, in chapter 3, about 1:40 in, it skipped to chapter 4!!! I was quite irritated, so tried it again...and it did it again!
I popped the disc out, wiped it with a clean cloth, checked for scratches (none I could see), and put it back in. Using the Scene Selection menu, I went right to chapter 4, then pressed one of the back buttons...which worked ok for a bit, then it got stuck in the middle of chapter 3 and would not go forward or back.
I still have the receipt, and will take it back to exchange it, but this is already the second MR DVD I've had. The first one I bought would freeze during one of the deleted scenes on disc 2.
Has anyone else had any problems with this disc? I am using a Sony S360, one we bought almost 2 years ago.
Just seems odd that I would have problems with the movie twice in a row!

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Roger, thanks for the pointer. However, only one of the posts seems to be potentially related to my problem. I'm not watching in DTS, and have no lip sync problems at all.

If the layer change is in Chapter 3, then I am having the same problem as the one one poster. If not, hopefully it is just a faulty disc and exchanging it will solve the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks