What's new

Problem with PS2 digital and Wipeout Fusion (1 Viewer)

John Royster

Screenwriter
I've never really had any problems with audio and my PS2, always just great sound. The only audio connection is a TosLink cable to my Denon 3802 receiver.

On Wipeout Fusion there is an introduction in Dolby Digital (2.0 I think). The sounds stutters horribly and the dolby digital light on the receiver kind of blinks like it is trying to detect the signal. After that 30 second introduction all is well, the receiver goes into Prologic2 and the sound is fantastic.

Am I missing something here? I swapped cables but got the same symptoms. I've never got this with DVDs, Xbox or other digital sources. If it matters I have one of the orignal PS2s (got it on release day).

Thanks for any help.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
In the options, you can disable the Dolby intro. It's doesn't solve the problem, but maybe it will hide the symptom.

-Dave

John Royster

Screenwriter
Thanks Dave.

Hides the symptoms, but now I'm concerned about the revision of my PS2. Seems like everything is v1.10 or 1.01 in the setup menu.

Strange that this is the one and only game I've ever had problems with (out of dozens). I may return it for another, seriously doubtful it is the disc though.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Well, my initial impression in the game is that things are kind of sloppy. While in-game, sound effects are really muffled; sound effects sometimes pops in and out; after you finish a circuit you have a rotating set of choices & all read "finish" (if it's the only option, why make the user choose?); the race countdown: "Three....Go!";an un-intuitive save system....etc...

I think it's just part of the game, unfortunately. Sloppy, and it just doesn't feel right. A poor successor to the Wip3out series, IMO.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks