What's new

Problem with Hughes HIRD-E86 (no high def signal) (1 Viewer)

Tom Ruff

Auditioning
I am having a problem with a Hughes receiver. For some reason I can not receive any of the high def. channels. When I switch to them the screen goes to black. I am using the component cables, and am pushing the action, source button to switch the box to highdef. but I do not get a picture. I have also made sure that the box sees the three lnb dish, so I do not think that this is the problem.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the signal strength. One is hovering around 80, while the other is at 60. Could the lnb that is giving me the 60 reading be bad by any chance? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Can you see the channels if you are watching via s-video? Have you checked your signal strength of all transponders on the three sats? What TV do you have?

-Robert

Tom Ruff

Auditioning
the channels are HDNET, HBOHD, ESPNHD, and DiscoveryHD. When I switch to s-video I get the same black screen, same thing if I use RCA's or Coax cables. I only see two fo the three transpondes. I will have to check to see if I somehow missed the third one. The tv is a new Panasonic 50" lcd tv bought at Best Buy.

Tom Ruff

Auditioning
I am not even sure what those channels are. I went through the list of channels that I get and do not see those. Weird.

I willl check the transponders tonight. What is it that I am looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks