What's new
World Wide Stereo

Problem with Cerwin Vega V-10F speakers (1 Viewer)

vibhu

Auditioning
Real Name
Vibhu
Hello All,

I am a new member and recently purchased a 5.1 Home Theater system with Panasonic SA-XR25 receiver and Cerwin Vega Speakers.

My problem is all speakers are working fine, but the V-10F I can only hear tweeters, the woofer and mid-range doesn't sound at all, not sure if these speakers are bad or I am doing something wrong, if some can please guide me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Vibhu

728x90

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Originally Posted by vibhu
My problem is all speakers are working fine, but the V-10F I can only hear tweeters, the woofer and mid-range doesn't sound at all, not sure if these speakers are bad or I am doing something wrong, if some can please guide me in the right direction.
You didn't remove a plate connecting the top two speaker connectors with the bottom two speaker connectors, on back of the speakers, did you?
If you did, and you just run wires to the top two connectors, all you'll hear is the tweeters.
I'm not familiar with CV speakers, so I'm not even sure if they have those type of connectors. That's just kinda what it sounded like to me. If it's not that, I don't know what else it could be.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Ya, it sounds like a lose connection somewhere. Either the binding post connector on the back of the speaker or a wire came lose inside. If you're handy with a spanner take out the woofer and peek inside. Maybe a wire fell off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks