What's new

Problem with 4 year old Mits (1 Viewer)

JimP

Auditioning
I'm having an issue all of a sudden with my 4 year old Mitsubishi 55" RPTV. All of a sudden, while watching TV this afternoon, the TV started to look like I was watching a 3-d movie. The red gun appeared to have shifted completely off.

I tried the convergence menus and while I can move the blue up/down/left/right, I cannot move the red left/right, just up/down.

I tried reseting factory defaults to no avail.

Any thoughts on what might have happened to cause this suddenly? Honestly, there was no indication of an issue up until this point. I'm presuming something about the red CRT is toast.

There's no local Mits repair shops open this weekend, so I'll have to wait until Monday to get someone out here. Any thoughts, on what this might cost to fix, worst case? Is this TV now junk?

Thanks in advance, and if anyone can recommend a good repair shop in Southern NH/Northern MA, I'd appreciate it.

...Jim

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
If you have to get the red CRT replaced, you might as well just buy a new TV.

However, maybe that won't be necessary.

Hopefully a qualified tech -- which is very hard to come by these days -- can identify the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks