Price Matching Panny 47" at Sears.. Tips??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dylan Savage, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Dylan Savage

Dylan Savage Stunt Coordinator

I'm going to buy my Panasonic 47" HDTV today at sears, and I have my price-match in-hand.
    I currently have printed the ads from Advanced Video Systems , Plazma-Electronics , and BestToys.net . Have any of you tried these, and whats the general procedure? Anything special I should say/do in order to get them to match it? Anything I should ask for in addition?
    I'll be leaving work to buy it in about 6 hours, so post your tips if you have them! Thanks!!
    Dylan

2. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

I recently got Sears to match Continentaltrade.com on a Toshiba 50H81. I gave the salesman a copy of the page showing the price including shipping (which happened to be free). He called a central Sears number, the person on the other end apparently looked at the Continentaltrade web site to confirm that I didn't just create the hardcopy page myself and told the salesman to give it to me at that price (2025). They did however charge me $40 for Sears delivery.

It was actually fairly painless.

3. Dylan Savage

Jeff, thanks! I was going to print the ad from Continental trade, but they aren't advertising the 47" 16:9 panasonic, only the 51" 4:3 one. Oh well [​IMG] Thanks though, hopefully it'll work out.

4. Dylan Savage

Well I price matched it at sears and bought it for $1602 based on the Besttoys.net ad. Thanks all! It'll be delivered saturday! [​IMG]

5. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

Congrats, you'll love the set!