What's new

Price is Right-Bob's last episode June 15th (1 Viewer)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I may be exposing myself here (oops...that didnt come out right), but The Price is Right always reminds me of sick days from school, laying on the couch and watching the morning show. For me, for my era, it was shows like The Twilight Zone, I Love Lucy, Gilligans Island and, of course, TPIR.
Then a switch over to that new thing with the videos: MTV. ha !

BTW, I liked watching the prime time versions they aired every once and a while. Those were a nice change from the usual prime time dreck.

I saw some of Bob's last show and I must say they went way overboard on the makeup. He looked like a white haired oompa loompa. Then again, he's an octenegarian, right ? I gotta give the guy respect for still putting it out there at that age.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
UGH.

there rumor going around that Bob Barker offered friend Rosie O Donnell his job.

I sure hope it's a big rumor.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The job's not his to offer her - he endorsed her, basically, to be his replacement. Thankfully, it's not his decision. It's up to CBS and Fremantle (the show's production company). Hopefully, they won't hire her.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
That would be a great move if they want to lose half the audience.

In the interview I read, Bob just said she could do the job, like she's capable of hosting a show... not that she was the best choice. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would say "she's a lousy choice".

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Actually, I think she'd be fine for this job. It'd be a great way to keep her from EVER mentioning politics! ;)

Barker quote of the week: "Nobody ever heard of Adam Sandler until I beat him up in Happy Gilmore!"

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah where Bob slips in his "have your pets spade or neutered" Rosie can give off some political message, which is scary to think about.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Rosie is having a meeting with Price is Right producers on Thursday.

Rosie on her video blog said she'd rather talk with real people than celebrities.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Rosie on her video blog said she'd rather talk with real people than celebrities.

So would the real people, so who is she left to talk with? She could just go to the mall to do that.

Hosting a game show doesn't involve much real talk anyway.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Boy, talk about a backhanded compliment. ;) ANYONE would be better than Rosie.

Honestly, of all the people who were reported to be in the running at some point, I think Drew was the best choice. He has name recognition, is funny and, as evidenced on Whose Line, can take a backseat and let others be the stars of the show (which is important on Price - the contestants are the stars, not the host). CBS did a great job, IMO, of picking Barker's successor. Of course, we won't know for sure until his episodes premiere in the fall, but I have a good feeling about him.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I wonder if they will be updating the look of the show? The show looks exactly like it did in the 70's, which may be a reason it was so popular. It was the same show you watched for years.

But, now with Drew, I wonder if they will update the sets? I don't know if that would be a good thing or not, but it seems silly for Drew to do Bob's Price is Right. He needs to do his show.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Drew Carey?!?!

Must be the talent pool of potential replacements wasn't that deep.

Rocky F

Second Unit

Not really a TPIR fan, but I think Drew's a good choice. I also think a bit of updating is in order, and since it's a network show, this would be a perfect chance to go HD as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks