What's new

Press Release : The Hole (Seville Pictures) (1 Viewer)

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
No confirmation as of yet. I'll bring it up again with my contact in a few days time. (ie : Next time I drop him a note)

Mark

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Mikko Rasinkangas asked.

Well, unfortunately the 5.1 audio didn't make it onto the Hole disc. I did everything I could.

.....I think it was a problem in the PAL to NTSC transfer. In any case, it was far too late to get a better version sent here. So the 5.1 was dropped for good.

So that's the final word. I'd rather have a good 2.0 mix then a problematic 5.1 mix anyday.

I hope you guys will still pick up the disc. I should have a review copy within a couple weeks.

Mark

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I've just had the press release for the UK version of "The Hole", which is being released on March 25th.

The press release says it will be in 5.1, and gives a hint or two about the deleted scenes, which will include "two alternative beginnings and a coda which is set one year later".

Nothing too exciting, but it looks like the film has a few fans here salivating for news!

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I now have a review copy of the UK disc, if anyone has any questions.

The disc does have the 5.1 mix (at 448kbps), a French 5.1 mix, a commentary track and an Audio Described track in English.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Seville just sent me an update.

The Hole has been pushed back one week from March 12th to March 19th due to a last minute technical issue (I'm assured it's been fixed and was really minor) and unprecedented demand.

So it looks like this is set to be a big release and I'm guessing alot of you have preordered this baby causing all the demand.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm in America, and I can't find any online stores that carry The Hole and will ship it to America. Could someone please help me find one?

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
You can try Link Removed. They carry Seville titles.
Note : This title has been delayed untill the 19th. I **should** have a review copy early next week :)
Mark

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Here's the cover art.
Link Removed
My review copy has been sent and may be here as early as the morning but will most likely be here Monday AM.
Enjoy.. My review will follow ASAP after I receive the disc.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Deluxe Special Edition? Guess I missed that Standard Special Edition...:laugh:
Looking forward to the review, Mark.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Kevin - you're not the only Elvis Costello fan on the HTF!

Mark - Please let me know if Seville managed to rustle up that 5.1 track, or if they stuck with the 2.0.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Nice cover art, but on my theatrical one-sheet of the film, Thora's eyes are not bludgeoning red. And oooh, Keira Berry, my future wife..... *drool factor of nine*
As for the 5.1, I don't believe that track is there. Seville could not secure the 5.1 in time for its production schedule, so the Dolby 2.0 track is there.
Still, BUY THIS DISC! :)
Jason

JulianK

Supporting Actor
That's odd, because on the UK DVD cover Thora's eyes are lime green!
Hole.JPG

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Here we go. Let's all start freaking out over the color of Thora's eyes.

It's possible that the cover art I posted is from a bad scan of the actual cover. Apparently the cover is some special silver foil paper that doesn't scan well.

I won't have the actual cover untill sometime closer to the street date. I'm being sent just the generic disc due to the tight deadlines on this release. Apparently the discs and covers are still being replicated.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I didn't mean to freak you out, Mark, I was just pointing out that it was strange that her eyes would be tinted different colours in different countries.

These minor changes are, of course, insignificant, but I think it's quite funny that the various marketing departments can't agree on a colour scheme!

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Just letting everyone know that I received the disc this morning and I gave it a spin this afternoon.
I have to write a full review for the disc but that will take a day or so (hopefully far less) so here are some initial thoughts.
Movie : Excellent movie. Not what I was expecting but then again I didn't know what to expect.
Video : Jawdropping.. This is a beautiful 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer. Reminscent of Seville's Lost and Delirious. Also this is spread out over two layers unlike most Seville discs giving the video all that much more space.
Audio : Sadly only the 2.0 track made it on there. It's listed as being 2.0 Stereo but it's Prologic encoded and damn does it sound pretty good.
Extras : I haven't had a chance to look at these yet but there is a commentary and 9 deleted scenes.
Packaging : I've only seen a scan of the cover since the production schedule is so tight on the release. I am told it will have a nice shiny silver foil cover though :). They (Seville) did send me a copy of the VHS box which is supposedly the same thing sans the silver foil.
Jason : We'll spin this one when your in town over the weekend :)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the mini-review, Mark!

I assume this won't be carried in any US stores...will most online Canadian retailers have this?

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Thanks for the mini-review, Mark!
I assume this won't be carried in any US stores...will most online Canadian retailers have this?
Your welcome. I know Link Removed will be carrying as should Link Removed
Note : The street date has been pushed back to March 19th from the original March 12. This was done due to some last minute production issues. Heck no one at the studio itself even had a copy of the test disc untill Thursday.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
The review is done and should be posted today.

Kevin, I know what you mean though April looks to be the month from hell for me. Good thing my birthday is in there.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks