What's new

Prepare yourself for the aweomness that is. . . the Miami Connection! (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Behold! The most eighties movie ever! Big Hair! Muscle shirts! Cocaine smugglers in pastel suits! Keytars! Ninja! Its like the whole decade compressed into one two minute trailer!
[VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZu69OB2KM[/VIDEO]
The story, as I understand it, is that someone at Drafthouse Films found a copy of this lost flick on ebay for 50 bucks and is releasing it on DVD, Blu Ray and . . . VHS. Yes,
Seriously - Check out this sweet clamshell artwork!
And if that's not analog enough for you, you can get the soundtrack on 12''
I threw in my pre-order, getting me access to a digital copy of the flick - it is as awesome (and horrible) as you might imagine. It's Canon Film's long lost brother!

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
I'm all over this one. Got mine in the mail from Amazon yesterday, just waiting for the schedule to clear up to get a movie night going with some friends. I watched a dvd-r of it a few months back, and it delivers. Great fun. Drew McWeeny at HitFix wrote an excellent review of Miami Connection:
There is a great sense that the people onscreen were united in this insane venture that they didn't really know how to pull off, and they all muddled through it together, and the charm of seeing them do it is genuine entertainment. Yes, there are laughs that come from the choices they make. There is a line delivery of three simple words -- "Oh my god" -- that made me laugh for about ten minutes, and there are scenes where basic dramatic logic breaks down to such a degree that it is hilarious, but there's that same earnest attitude from the cast in every moment, and I felt affection for them, not superiority to them.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/review-is-the-drafthouse-release-of-miami-connection-a-case-of-so-bad-its-good#fuGwViajK4j1SqoJ.99

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks