What's new

Prepaid Credit cards question. (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Anyone who has one, are they accepted everywhere online, for online shopping ??? In other words , has anyone found any sites that dont accept them ???????

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm sure there are many kinds, but if you get a Visa pre-paid card, it should be accepted anywhere that takes Visa. It's really nothing different from a debit card. I don't doubt there are scams to be aware of though.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
The only pre-paid card I saw was the one at the Walmart checkout. I can't remember the exact amounts but, it had a charge of about $9 to activate it and then about $5 each time you added to it. I was looking in to it for when my kids go on trips. So if I was to put $50 on it, it would cost 28% "interest" up front and then 10% afterwards. It would be better to get a normal card and pay it off each month.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I have to get one of these, too. When I first heard about them I slapped my head and said "why didn't they come out with these sooner?".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks